You may not be able to articulate why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. I’m talking about an attractive smile. What characteristics are we talking about?
You may be surprised at how many components Dentist Mandelaris must consider when planning for a cosmetic dental smile makeover.
Here are a few of the most obvious component:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other important elements that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The amount of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not complied with, the smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. For example, a smile redesign performed by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put undo stress on the restorations.
Do not opt for a cosmetic dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are thinking about a cosmetic dental smile makeover call Aloha Dental today to schedule an informative consultation.
Contact Aloha Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Call today to schedule an appointment for the next week.
Bring this coupon into our office, or call now: 8019699669
Aloha Dental | 2792 South 5600 West, West Valley, Utah 84120