In today’s post, we will concentrate on critical behaviors that impact oral health. Of course, effective brushing and flossing are two vital habits for healthy teeth, but there are many more things we can do to keep a healthy smile.
- Do eat a nutritious diet with a variety of foods. This is necessary for overall physical health and a strong immune system.
- Do enjoy calcium-rich dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt to neutralize acids that are dangerous to enamel.
- Don’t eat sugary foods. Sugar triggers the production of detrimental cavity-causing acids that weaken enamel and lead to cavities.
- Don’t snack throughout the day. This revs up plaque production and subjects the teeth to continual contact with acids.
- Don’t chew on ice. (It really can chip teeth.)
- Don’t drink energy drinks. They have many substances that are dangerous to teeth.
Other Important Tips
- Don’t use your teeth as tools. It is wiser to cut that knotted shoelace than to gnaw at it to try to untangle it.
- Don’t get piercings in or around your mouth.
- Don’t ignore tooth pain or sensitivity.
- If you have children, talk to Dentist Mandelaris about water fluoridation. If your municipal water supply is not fluoridated, you may want to give your kids fluoride supplements.
- Don’t use a medium or hard bristle toothbrush. It can damage gums.
- If you have an eating disorder – seek professional help immediately. Bulimia and anorexia are extremely damaging to teeth. (Not to mention the toll they take on the heart and other organs.)
We encourage all of our patients to maintain a lifestyle that advances dental health as well as overall physical health. At Aloha Dental, we serve the West Valley area with exceptional dental care including general and cosmetic dentistry. Ask us about Oral hygiene, Pediatrics, Orthodontics and Oral surgery.
Contact Aloha Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Call today to schedule an appointment for the next week.
Bring this coupon into our office, or call now: 8019699669
Aloha Dental | 2792 South 5600 West, West Valley, Utah 84120